ESB Financial Updates in Response to COVID-19
General overview of COVID-19
Installment Loan Deferral Program
ESB Financial will begin offering deferred loan payments for consumer loans, residential mortgage loans, and commercial loans effective immediately. These deferrals include the interest that accrues on the loan over the next 90 days. This does not mean that you do not owe the payment (including interest), it simply means you are not obligated to make payments on the loan for the next 90 days. The deferred payments, including the interest that accrues on your loan, will be due when you pay-off your loan. Loan payment deferrals will be done based on regulatory requirements. Please note that not all loans will qualify under this plan.
If you are currently escrowing for taxes or insurance with your loan payment, you will need to continue to make the escrow payments during the deferral time period.
After 90 days, you will be expected to resume normal payments.
You will need to contact your loan officer to discuss any of the following:
- To discuss your deferral options
- If you do not feel that you are able to resume normal payments after the 90 days deferral
- If you need other accommodations or have any concerns
The information above is only intended to give the most general guidelines on the specific programs and qualifications that will be available, actual programs and details will be based on your specific loan type. Loan officers and personal bankers will be available to discuss options by calling us in Emporia at 620-342-3454, in Manhattan at 785-539-3553 or toll-free at 877-342-3459.
If you are interested in pursuing a deferral, please contact your loan officer.
- CDC website
- KDHE website
- SBA disaster loan program
- Checks from the government - Fraud prevention tips
With the financial unknowns of the coronavirus (COVID-19) escalating, ESB Financial is committed to helping our clients prepare for the challenges of this pandemic in our communities.
We are talking with many of our clients...and we are discovering crucial insights into the true needs of our communities for the future.
So...we are working hard to create a new loan deferral program that we will share with you very soon. The rapidly changing landscape makes it extremely important for our program to encompass the best options for our clients, while also complying with State and Federal regulations for safe, sound banking.
Thank you for your business and for your faith in us. We will be in touch soon to put our plan into action. Please watch for upcoming news on our website, www.esbfinancial.com, and our social media outlets for updates.
Remember...we are ALL in this together!
A message from Jim Wayman, President of ESB Financial
Throughout out our 119-year history, the communities that ESB Financial serves have seen a lot of ups and downs. That is why Will Wayman first started banks in Allen, Admire and Emporia in Lyon County in 1887, 1892 and 1901. During those times, the local farmers and ranchers needed a fellow local rancher who knew and experienced first-hand their needs and challenges. Although a lot has changed, similar challenges continue to occur. Through it all, we have always stood ready to assist our clients and the communities where we do business. Through difficult economic conditions, times of illness or natural disasters, our clients have always been able to count on the people at ESB Financial to serve their needs and to be a force for good in our communities. Whether back in 1887 or now in 2020, building relationships with our clients is how we conduct business. Our clients have learned to count on us when times are most challenging, and they know that ESB Financial will do what is right.
You can find information below about all the ways ESB will continue to serve you during these challenging times. We've taken steps to keep our team of dedicated ESB bankers safe while also ensuring that we maintain service excellence. We are honored to serve you and stand ready to help.
Bank Location Status
Effective Friday, March 20, 2020, our bank lobbies will be temporarily closed. We will continue to serve your banking needs at our drive-up windows at each of our bank locations. We understand that you may need additional assistance or access to your safe deposit box. If that is the case, we ask that you call us in Emporia at 620.342.3454, in Manhattan at 785.539.3553 or toll-free at 877.342.3454 to make arrangements with one of our Personal Bankers.
Update Your Contact Information
We want to stay in touch with you, so please be sure your contact information is up to date. Please call us in Emporia at 620.342.3454, in Manhattan at 785.539.3553 or toll-free at 877.342.3454, and one of our Personal Bankers will help.
Protecting Your Funds
There is no need to withdraw large amounts of cash or take other extreme financial measures. First of all, ESB Financial is sound with strong capital resources. We have been named a Bauer Five-Star Bank (based on strength) for the past 111 consecutive quarters. That is nearly 28 years. Second, FDIC insures our deposits up to $250,000, and more in some cases. Third, ESB leverages your deposits to build our local communities that we serve. Over the past nine years, ESB has loaned over $700 million to local businesses and individuals, helping our clients reach their dreams by establishing and expanding their businesses, buying homes, and purchasing cars and other items. Local deposits enable us to make local loans.
If you wish to get more information about how your deposits are protected by the FDIC, call one of our Personal Bankers in Emporia at 620.342.3454, in Manhattan at 785.539.3553 or toll-free at 877.342.3454. Another option is to go to the FDIC website to use their Electronic Deposit Insurance Estimator (EDIE) at https://edie.fdic.gov.
You have easy access to your funds by using your ESB Financial Debit Card, which provides protection in the event of a loss or unauthorized transaction.
Be aware of scams that request personal information through calls, direct mail, emails or texts. Additionally, delete fraudulent emails claiming to be from the Centers for Disease Control or World Health Organization that contain links that, if clicked, allow fraudsters to steal your private information.
Contact our Personal Bankers in Emporia at 620.342.3454, in Manhattan at 785.539.3553 or toll-free at 877.342.3454 with questions about any of the following:
- Personal loan questions, like available payment options.
- Financial distress
- Debit Card questions
- Lost Debit Cards
- ESB Online Banking
- Depositing your checks with your phone
- Password resets
Bank anytime, anywhere using ESB Online Banking and the ESB Mobile App.
- View transactions
- Check balances in your accounts
- Transfer funds between your ESB accounts
- Deposit checks
- Send money to others
- Pay bills
- Receive alerts
- Call us to talk to a Personal Banker
If you have questions about your business loans with ESB Financial, or would like to discuss available payment options, please contact your Commercial Lender to help guide you through any of the following processes:
- Business disruption relief – We monitor available business disruption relief programs available for our business clients and can discuss how we can help your current situation. To learn more, call in Emporia at 620.342.3454, in Manhattan at 785.539.3553 or toll-free at 877.342.3454, and we will get you connected with one of our Commercial Lender.
- Payment processing for small businesses – ESB's Merchant Services partner, First Data, is dedicated to helping small businesses. If your business operations have been interrupted or impacted by the pandemic, call the First Data hotline at 800-466-8066.
- Treasury management services – ESB Financial encourages our business clients to use electronic payments to receive payments and to pay your employees and suppliers. Electronic payments are an efficient solution for everyday operations. To learn more, please contact a Treasury Management Specialist in Emporia at 620.342.3454, in Manhattan at 785.539.3553 or toll-free at 877.342.3454.
For more information on COVID-19, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index/html.
WE ARE STILL OPEN
- 24/7 ONLINE
- ESB Mobile app
- ESB Financial ATMs
- Drive Thru lanes are open
- We can meet by appointment
- Call us for all your banking needs and concerns
A few words about staying healthy and safe
Because of our concern for the safety and health of our clients and Team ESB regarding the coronavirus, also known as COVID-19, we want to reassure you that ESB Financial has taken several measures to protect you and Team ESB, and to maintain an uninterrupted level of service that you can rely upon.
- To help prevent the spread of viruses, we've increased the precautions beyond those that we use each year during flu season. Team members are encouraged to wash their hands often, and while we have always made hand sanitizer stations available for clients and Team ESB, we've added more and placed them in prominent locations.
- Many ESB team members in support positions have the ability to work from home or other remote locations, which will help keep operations functioning. As another precaution, we have limited business travel for our team members. As always, any team members who are feeling ill are encouraged to stay home, and we have taken additional steps to sanitize work areas.
- If you'd rather not visit us at our bank locations, we'll understand. Just remember that you can bank with us in lots of other ways. You can deposit checks and transfer funds through our mobile app, conduct transactions and open accounts online at esbfinancial.com, talk with a team member by phone in Emporia at (620) 342-3454, in Manhattan at (785) 539-3553 or use one of our ATMs. Should you have a banking emergency outside of normal business hours, messages left in our after-hours emergency mailbox are answered daily until 9 pm.
- If you do visit one of our banks, you may notice signs of additional protections. For instance, you may see some team members wearing gloves when handling cash. And while we're always happy to see you, we may choose an elbow bump over a handshake for the time being.
- As always, if we need to communicate quickly with you, we can reach you through our website, over our social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram), by email, and phone.
This is an evolving situation, but at ESB Financial, we've seen a lot of ups and downs in our 119-year history. Through it all, ESB Financial has remained a safe, sound place to bank. Staying in touch with clients is a big part of that, so feel free to call us anytime at (877) 342-3459 if you have questions.