Free Community-Wide Shred Day
It’s almost spring! Time to dust off the cobwebs and clean those closets!
ESB Financial will sponsor a FREE Community-Wide Shred Day on Saturday, April 29, from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm in the south parking lots of ESB Financial, 8th & Constitution Street. You can drive through our parking lots off of Constitution and dispose of your items. Volunteers from ESB Financial and the City of Emporia will be on-site to help you.
There will be a self-contained Shred-It mobile shredding truck in ESB Financial’s south parking lot that will destroy your confidential documents on-site, free of charge to you.
Why should I want to shred anything?
To protect yourself from identity theft…the fastest growing form of consumer fraud. Surprisingly, research shows that most identity thieves obtain personal information through traditional paper-based sources. This way you can protect your identity for FREE!
Shred-it mobile shredding trucks containing cutting-edge technology can efficiently destroy all your personal, confidential paper documents. Shred-it document destruction services provide the safest and most efficient way of thwarting identity thieves.
Who is this event for?
All community members and businesses are welcome! You may bring a limit of five boxes per vehicle to Shred. We are planning to have 2 trucks again this year so we will plan to be open either until they fill both of them up or till noon that day.
Record Retention: Guidelines for Personal Records
(Courtesy of Pool & Associate, Chartered)
- Medical Bills (in case of insurance disputes)
- Credit Card Statements
- Expired Insurance Policies
- Utility Records
- All Documents Related to Tax Returns
- Medical Bills (if tax-related)
- Accident Reports and Claims
- Sales Receipts (or not less than the life of the warranty)
- Wage Garnishments
- Other Tax-Related Bills
- Bank Statements
- Income Tax Returns for at least 20 years
- Income Tax Payment Receipts and/or Cancelled Checks
- Retirement/Pension Documents
- CPA Audit Reports
- Legal Records
- Important Correspondence
- Investment Trade Confirmations
- Pay Stubs (keep until reconciled with your W-2)
- Credit Card Receipts (keep until verified on your statement)
- Insurance Policies (keep for the life of the policy)
- Mortgages / Deeds / Leases (keep 6 years beyond the agreement)
- Real Estate Records / improvement receipts (keep 6 years beyond sale of property)
- Stock and Bond Records (keep for 7 years beyond selling)
- Depreciation Schedules and Other Capital Asset Records (keep for 3 years after selling the asset.)
- Utility bills with your address on it to verify your identity (one a year for 10 years)
Why are you having this event?
ESB Financial annually sponsors this event after tax day, to help our community combat identity theft and help save our landfills for future generations. ESB Financial is passionate about helping you protect your identity. Your health and privacy is our #1 concern.
ESB Financial City of Emporia Lyon County E-Waste Re-Cycle KVOE AM 1400, Mix 104.9, & Country 101.7